Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Missing You . . .

I am going through serious computer withdrawls. I have been without my Mac for 4 days. I go into our home office, and where my lovely computer once sat is now a pile of unplugged cables, a keyboard, and a mouse that is without purpose. As if I need another cruel reminder of how silly it was for me to try mess with my Mac's operating system without doing some research, the Panther installation guide sits on top of the keyboard. Each time I walk into the office I remember back to a little over a week ago when I smugly thought I could just pop the upgrade disk in and all would be merry. Little did I know.

My Mac is at a local repair shop, which got a mix of excellent and absolutely dismal reviews on Yelp, so I fear the phone call I get from them - will all my data be lost? Will it cost an arm and a leg to fix the computer? Will they hold it ransom for months on end? Oh, woe is me and my computerless self.

I've been using Mike's computer a bit, and here I am at work sneaking in a minute of blogging to update y'all. So, I am not without my fix - no dts happening here, no sirree.

As for updates on the pregnancy front, I have 2+ weeks until the big anatomy scan and my next prenatal appointment. I continue to feel pretty good, and I am able to feel the baby move more and more with each passing day. We have the furniture ordered, a car seat donated to us by our friends the Hannafords (thank you!), and some clothes that I have stored away in a bin.

We are not finding out the sex, so most of the clothes I have are hand-me-downs that we will either use or donate, depending on what we are surprised with when this little one comes into the world.

Mike is off work again, which has its advantages and disadvantages. The disadvantages are obvious - no income, tighter budget, etc. The advantages do help balance that out, though. He gets a ton of stuff done around the house, including gardening, home repair, some minor remodel stuff, and other general upkeep that tends to fall to the wayside when we are both working.

So, that is a brief, uneventful update from me. Hopefully I will have my computer back by the end of the week, if the stars are in alignment for me! Please say prayers and bring an abundant offering to the gods of technology!

No comments: