Sunday, January 18, 2009

Drumroll Please . . .

Mike and I are so happy to announce that we are expecting our first child in July of this year! Our little Kennedy baby is due July 23 - just a few days before Mike's bday! 2008 was our year of loss, and we are hoping with all our hearts and souls that 2009 will be a year of life, tiny clothes, endless diaper changes, and sleepless nights!

I just entered the second trimester, so I made it through our milestones of loss with a healthy little bun baking away! I was sick and tired for much of the first trimester, and now I am starting to enjoy the "honeymoon" phase of pregnancy. Over the last couple of weeks I have enjoyed a significant decrease in my symptoms, which I am thankful for! My energy levels are also much higher. Which reminds me - remember that big gap of time that I didn't post??? Well, I was stuck on the couch with sheer exhaustion and pure yuckiness! So, now that I have some energy back, I am also returning to many of the activities that I was enjoying prior to the beginning of the pg.

We have a wonderful OB, who has been very supportive during these first anxiety-filled months. The last time I had an appointment was just over a week ago, at 12 weeks. We saw the baby and got to hear a strong, clear heartbeat!

So, here are a few early belly shots for your viewing pleasure:

12 weeks, 2 days


13 weeks, 3 days

Please keep us in your hearts, thoughts, prayers - or whatever it is that you believe in! I will keep posting updates as the weeks continue on and my belly continues to grow!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tracy and Mike I am so thrilled with your news!!!!!! I am sure that your families are in heaven with this happening for you. I will keep you in my prayers that every thing continues to go well and if you need any cousinly advice, that's what I am here for.

Love
Lisa

CrazyMom said...

YAY!! Congrats, momma! Sending you lots of SBV's and {{GROW BELLY GROW}} vibes!

Anonymous said...

Hey, maybe we can squeeze in a visit in late June--you should be just poppin' out of your maternity clothes by then! Congratulations on making it to trimester #2! You guys are going to have so much fun as parents.

Ambrosia said...

Hi Tracy, Found you on facebook and am so happy to hear you are pregnant! Sending happy/healthy baby dust. ~Ambrosia