Friday, August 22, 2008

Festivals & Good Friends

Well, it has yet again been another busy week. I cannot believe that I am writing this post and it is already Friday! Where did the week go?? I must be honest with you and tell you that it is 10:30 in the morning and as I write this I am still in my pajamas. What??????? Yes, the true hallmark of a day off, pajamas well past 7am. As I write this, Mike is in the front room on Youtube, watching a bunch of old rap videos from the '90s. When we woke up this morning (at 9am!) he loudly declared that the only way to start a 4-day weekend (we both have Monday off, too) would be to listen to the Humpty Dance. So, that is what started it all today, the Humpty Dance. Now he is listening to Radiohead. Which brings me to the next topic: Radiohead!!!!!!

A few months ago, as I was searching around for good ideas for a first anniversary present, I began to search upcoming concerts and festivals. I stumbled across the Outside Lands festival, and was sold! You can check out the friggin' awesome lineup here. Really, don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

I ended up buying us tickets for Friday and Saturday. I also got us a hotel room for both nights. This was quickly turning into a pricey anniversary present. Having at least some foresight for protecting my financial well-being, I decided that this would have to cover both anniversary and birthday this year. Done and done.

Tonight I am most excited about Radiohead, Beck, and Manu Chao. Tomorrow's favorites are Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, Primus, Cafe Tacuba, Cake, and Quartet featuring Bela Fleck. Sunday's lineup looks pretty rockin' too, but alas, I have to exhibit some self control. We come home on Sunday morning.

Which leads me to part two of the awesomeness of my four-day weekend: College Reunion 2008. Oh yea, bay-bee. We have a bunch of friends coming to town on Sunday from Fresno, Portland, and Mountain View (just up the peninsula from us). Sunday will be a reunion of sorts, with a group of good friends from back in the UCSC days getting together - this time we are all married and some of us even have little ones! Good times are hoped to be had by all.

Oh, and on a random note, I accepted a new position at work. I will still be doing psychiatric social work, only now I will be working with a team who specialize in treating women with addiction problems. The women in this program are either pregnant or have recently had a child and are trying to clean up their lives. I start on Sept 8. I have a lot to do in the next couple of weeks to close things out for my current job, so time will fly as we move into September. I will try and post with updates, so stay tuned!

No comments: